Sunday, October 23, 2011

One-Sided Love

Love... what is the true meaning of it? You can ask multiple people, and the answer will be different for each one.


Some believe love is the feeling you get when you can't be away from the person, other believe love is the butterflies in the stomach that doesn't ever cease to exist. There is no right or wrong answer... love is what each person makes of it. But.. why does love have to be so confusing? Or.. is that just a sign that it isn't really love at all??

All my friends know me to be the one who is the most romantic,...the most affectionate.... the most optimistic...but sometimes that doesn't rule in my favor. I sometimes believe in love so much that often I ignore the signs, and simply "follow my heart". Hence the abusive relationship, and then divorce... but maybe, just maybe, I wasn't wrong in believing in the magic of love.

Love to me is simple... it's knowing that the other person's happiness is more important than your own, it's doing everything in your power to ensure that the other person is smiling and happy... it's that amazing feeling knowing that no matter what happens throughout your day, you have that one person who will always put that smile on your face. Once a love like this is found,... it is the most amazing feeling in the world. On the other hand,... this kind of love will never feel great if it's only one sided.

The worst kind of love to me is the kind that you only give, and never receive. I'm sure everyone's felt this before... and it gets to the point where the frustration is so strong that we just want to give up on love altogether. Matters of the heart confuse me, and although I know I should resist... I just can't. I allow myself to fall, to put this person first, to make sure this person is happy and smiling always... but what about me?

I just want to be able to feel like I am someones priority... I want to feel like my happiness matters to the person that matters the most to me. I honestly am probably the easiest girl to please... I love the little things, and it takes very little to make me smile. I'd be happy with a simple text message letting me know you're thinking of me, or a random phone call just to know that you want to hear my voice. Is that too much to ask?

Although these men might be harder to find, I truly believe they exist. And ladies, when you find him, don't be afraid to express your feelings. The one thing I can honestly say I have learned throughout my relationships is that you should never be afraid to express your feelings. You never know when the last time you see someone will be, so if you love them... say so, and say it proudly.



No matter what, I know that I'll always have my princess. My babygirl that I love with all my heart, and that right now is my fairytale ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment